Author Topic: Patch 1286  (Read 4358 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Patch 1286
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 01:17:02 AM »
Gah, I waited for the pally for so long and I'm now in the busiest 2-3 weeks of my life so far and I can't play!  ;D Frak! It looks awesome tho, I can't wait to test it out - I'm predicting a minimum of ~200 hours will go into it once Nov is over. Thank you very much Salan!  ::)

A quick thought - and I haven't tested it at all yet - the pally is supposed to be played with a S&B or a 2H, right? Cause I'm looking at the Justice skills and I view them as oriented towards a DW build or at least a quick hitting S&B. Proc skills are ideal with quick attack speed usually, right? What's your vision for the Justice tree? (My pally will be rocking a 2H, no matter what, balance be damned. ;D )
(Sorry if I just said a majorly dumb thing, I haven't tried Justice yet and the sleep deprivation is saying its word on me. :P )

you can do either, just needs melee.  I left it that way on purpose.

How it works, a mini synopsis.

PROC BUFFS are single target and will fire once per internal cooldown (most of them are set at 1 second, so no use with dual wield), 100% of the time.  Every one of these proc buffs do weapondps ON TOP of their debuff, i have to make sure thats in the description of each of them at some point. if you have all 5 of them loaded and hit a single monster, you can easily spike your damage hardcore.  Hitting multiple monsters they only proc one target at at time each.  Interesting mechanic for boss fights, making the procs a lot stronger in those situations.

Execution is the opposite, the more mobs you hit, the more charge you replenish.  Hitting 1 monster will lose you charge when maxed, hitting 5 or more will gain you charge, and keep you maxed out, although execution while max charge is worth it on one target if procs are all going to hit, by far.

Buffs range between 1 minute to 2 minutes, I'll do a balance patch on the timers to make sure its consistent for what they are suppose to do, a bit later on.

You have 3 PASSIVE aura's.  Right now one debuffs fire, one debuffs lightning and one procs heals..  you also have a few draw skills, ie monsters close by you gain defense or damage.  The paladin allows you to specialize into fire / electricty or physical pretty good.  ALthough I think doing FIRE AND ELECTRIC will work well.   All the heals will also scale off of focus, most already do.

a lot of the damage skills use the charge bar as their mechanic, and if they don't yet, they WILL.  full charge = extra damage or effects.

uh hmm..

some of the HEAL effects might be on the low side to start with, I wanted to not OP them at start, and will raise them as needed once testing them as a whole.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:18:37 AM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 01:21:02 AM »
The embermage issue is definitely because the player is casting the spell and not the monster, my quick fixes have all failed.  I have a few ways to make this work, but i need to rewrite the skill.

Probably be wednesday or thursday.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Dark_Slayer

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 04:59:21 AM »
Hey Salan! first off, GREAT work on your mod, i wish you good luck at fixing all bugs and balancing it out! secondly, Nice job with the newest patch. but yes unfortunately things dont always work out as we want them ^^ and, im just curious, what will the next class be? cause im quite sure i saw ninjastart folder somewhere...

Zuzu

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 05:43:07 AM »
I have a lil problem. I have already 100lvl pally but now i dont have any skill points. No points in skills. And potion of respect isnt working.
What should i do ?

Dark_Slayer

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 07:41:01 AM »
I have a lil problem. I have already 100lvl pally but now i dont have any skill points. No points in skills. And potion of respect isnt working.
What should i do ?
try using console command skillpoints *number* to gain exact ammount of points you had

Zuzu

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
Ty :)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »
there is also the paladin submod if you need to revert your paladin, to respec.

I uploaded that last week for this reason

Dark_Slayer

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 09:23:18 AM »

Rhythmier

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 01:10:10 PM »
Thanks for the update Salan! Will play over the weekends, too damn busy now during, can't wait to test out the new Embermage too!  ;D ;D

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 07:58:30 PM »
How are you guys finding the embermage changes that work (darn charge mastery, will fix asap)

Momiji

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 08:31:23 PM »
On this new one, the difference in strength already at a low level is very noticeable and nice. I'm still getting hit and hurt quite a bit, especially by Spiney/Barbed enemies, but, I'm killing them much much faster and with less annoyances than before.

She doesn't feel overpowered, but has just enough damage to kill some threats to act as a pseudo-sustain.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »
Awesome, i tried to not OP any one power, but by bumping them all, added an over all increase, plus the charge difference.  (once that charge bar on hit is fixed...)

zundabar

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 11:30:25 PM »
Salan, could you clarify how the healing aura works? from what I can tell the regen effect triggers when enemies debuffed by it die but not any other time, should be great while levelling but toned down during boss fights of any kind.

I also had a crash early on using my new paladin character but as i've been unable to replicate it I'm assuming it was because of something else/a coincidence. While crashing I was hitting a dummy with the skill that increases in targets based on the tier bonuses while consecration was up. In case it's a conflict my mods are as follows:

synergies highloot

realistic weapons for synergies

synergiesmod

torchlight 2 essentials

legendary weapons update

triplexpfame

LAO 2.0

The newest mod that i've added is LAO but I can't find any mention of it having any conflict with the other mods, just in case i'm going to play around with and disable some mods to test and see if they are the problem. As mentioned it has only happened once so it's either an uncommon bug or nothing at all to do with the paladin.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 01:54:31 AM »
someone else crashed with consecration as well, i might have to remake the skill from scratch of something.  Not sure how its being effected, truly odd

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 02:00:42 AM »
I personally have tested consecration a billion times with all the skills and haven't seen a crash yet, i might not be doing it right tho.

That said the AURA regeneration heal? the when monsters are near by?

its a weird effect, it doesn't add regeneration, it PULSES the health bonus every .5 seconds I believe or every 1 second as a pure out right heal, depending how many monsters are nearby and targetable by the effect.