Author Topic: Patch 1286  (Read 5794 times)

zundabar

Re: Patch 1286
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 10:00:27 AM »
Couldn't reproduce it either though I only tried a couple of times with different skill combos trying to reproduce the original effect.

The aura description is a little confusing, I thought it meant that it debuffs enemies like the others but so that when they die you get healed. Thanks for clearing it up.

track1044

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 01:09:45 PM »
The new dragon rescue is near impossible for a low gear character. The dragon dies within seconds and there is so many mobs you almost instantly dies as well. Dunno if this is a bug or intended but it seems way too insane.

EDIT: Just tried on my fully geared char and can say with almost 100% certainty that the spawns haven't been halved. It's more like 1/10 of what it was.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:26:09 PM by track1044 »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 02:14:36 PM »
hmm?

i'll look at the logic for that fight, I made that change half a year ago ;)
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

track1044

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 10:36:37 PM »
almost 100% certainty that the spawns haven't been halved

This statement from me is wrong. I just did a bunch of test with 1212 and the newest version and my findings are as follows.

With no interference in 4 runs (I stopped after 2 of each cause the results were pretty clear)
It takes the dragon about 1 min 22 sec to 1 min 36 sec to die, on both 1212 and the newest version.
The amount of spawned units is roughly the same, with a bit of non-important variance.

Its when you start killing stuff things go absolutely bonkers. On my t0 x2 (no T1 yet) character, I apparently kill fast enough to trigger the timer, but I do not kill fast enough to actually stay alive and kill the enemies. I have tried dozens of strats but no matter what I do (even on my T1 geared char), I end up dying which diverts all agro to the dragon which dies at an avg around 48 seconds. I might be doing this wrong, but the swarm is so strong.

I could really use a spoiler tag for this imagery.

With amounts of mobs looking like this:

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2015, 11:54:39 PM »
huh, I found in my tests i could keep up to the spawns or be JUST behind them and didn't run into the problems, so many variables on your characters and gear tho :(
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

track1044

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 08:20:58 AM »
huh, I found in my tests i could keep up to the spawns or be JUST behind them and didn't run into the problems, so many variables on your characters and gear tho :(

That is true, maybe I'm just building too defensively. But I think there should be some kind of cap on how many units that can be spawned, if that is possible. I can do every other encounter but this and it's blocking my progress hard. Could you give me any pointers of what you tested with? =)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2015, 01:00:13 PM »
its slightly meant to be a dps race, its working as intended from my tests so far.

wish this game had better MP functionality, it would have been a much more fun experience with the mod in mp.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 05:51:20 AM »

That is true, maybe I'm just building too defensively. But I think there should be some kind of cap on how many units that can be spawned, if that is possible. I can do every other encounter but this and it's blocking my progress hard. Could you give me any pointers of what you tested with? =)

Seems like you are using a non-synergies class, so i assume you have other addons running with SynergiesMOD, could simply be a mod conflict, have had players that came to forum reporting that spawn rates were out of whack when they used other mods.

EDIT: Just tried it myself, and the whole encounter lasted for about 30 seconds from start to end on my geared Warlock, obviously not the best character to try it out on as it's already min/maxed but i do agree that for characters that you are progressing with, this just became a very hard fight to clear the challenge chest with, even tho it only lasted for about 30 seconds, Nysygarr lost 50% hp, will truly be a challenge to keep him alive with this latest change :D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 05:58:00 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Mauser

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 10:32:42 AM »
Hello everyone!

I've recently discovered this mod and i'm completely hooked, I can't stop playing it, this mod is amazing!

I'm currently playing as the warlock and i love it!

Anyways, i've noticed the netherwarrior summon has a shorter attack range than the attack animation, also can't use the spell tunnelers on my pet it disappears from it's inventory and doesn't do any damage when casted.

Sorry if there is any mispellings, i don't speak english.

Cheers!

Mauser

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2015, 02:20:36 PM »
Another thing, pistols don't show the fire effect when attacking only the bullet trail.

Thanks!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2015, 03:23:13 AM »
ill check pistols, don't know why that would be changed in the mod, and i'll try to check the animation vs the damage shape on that monster as well.