Author Topic: Current state and Direction of the mod  (Read 7855 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Current state and Direction of the mod
« on: November 29, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »
As of The end of November in 2015 the mods current active goals are:

1- Finish the rework of the paladin
a- Add in and finish all skills to be viable 15 point skills
b- Remake all graphics in skills so they are unique and not placeholders
c- Figure out how to get the icons remade as needed
d- balance the paladin
d1- Buffs
d2- Procs
d3- ATtacks
d4- Survival skills
etc

2: Finish the Embermage overhaul
a- More sustainability?

3- Start Berserker, Engineer, Outlander overhauls

4- Start the testing phase for Tier2 debuff/trash.

5- Look at tier1 and putting remaining weapons within DF in preperation for Elemental Crypts.

I am not going to spend all my free time working on the mod, but I will garauntee some progress on a regularish basis.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

hakuteiken89

Re: Current state and Direction of the mod
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »
hi mate. just registered to say i appreciate your continuous work.
take care man.

Rustymonk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »
Wife and I are loving this mod. One of my favorite games. Keep up the great work!!!! ;D ;D ;D

bseizen

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:58:41 AM »
thank you! :)

Deeified

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:55:30 PM »
thank you for spending all of this time working on such an amazing mod!

demon-storm

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »
I thought I'd stop by and inform you that Embermage is EXTREMELY underwhelming STILL. 10% damage and some debuffs won't cut it for synergies content. Maybe increase the damage of those based on weapon damage (remember the difference between weapon DPS and weapon DAMAGE based skill. The latter one falls short in synergies) somewhere in the 100% ish ballpark.

I tested most of the weapon based skills of embermage and they seem to do almost no damage. They seem bugged.. maybe the weapon damage coefficient is broken?

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 06:26:02 PM »
the  % damage of the weapondps wasn't the point of the update, it was to allow the embermage to proc its abilities on the non normal skills, previously a lot of the skills wouldn't take advantage of a lot of transferable abilities, they do now.  I was going to make it 1% but 10% sounded better.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

PodolskyV

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »
The damage with PB + elemental mastery + elemental chaos is quite high. But EM still lack surviveability, some skills casts too long time and reflect debuff added to DB looks strange for me. Also some passives is completely redudant.

Deeified

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 05:29:16 PM »
with tier 0 gear on my embermage i was able to do up to 1mil crits with prismatic bolt using the phoenix wand gemmed and enchanted with lightning damage. im using all 3 brands in my build. IMO embermage is fine. just needs to be built correctly. next im going to be testing some of the other embermage builds which may be less viable.

Rick

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 01:16:07 AM »
I had a quick play with the ember-mage.

Prismatic Rift didn't seem to do anything when I was shooting Prismatic Bolts.  This seemed a little surprising. 

I respecced that skill point into Wand Chaos, and could immediately see that it was doing things.  Was Prismatic Rift's 'on striking' supposed to be a melee only thing?  Does it work on ranged wand attacks?  Does it work?  Is it supposed to work with Prismatic Bolts?

For Wand Chaos I like the poison rain and meteor fall, they look super cool, but I'm wondering if it's possible to have a list of effects that happen above ground that is different from the list of things that happen below ground?

Removing the defensive passive makes ember-mage more of a glass-cannon IMHO, but since I'm a complete scrub my opinion isn't worth much :D

It's also one of the few characters that nearly insta-gibbed themselves - Prismatic Bolts onto one of the boss monsters with a deflection shield = very bad time had by all.  I need to try to figure out which of red/blue is bad for ranged/melee.

-----

With the Warlock, the netherbolts (starter) skill looked interesting, also it can basically one-shot elites, seems to hit, knock-back, hit again, knock-back etc. a couple of times - in which case wouldn't making it piercing (tier bonus IIRC?) actually weaken the skill?

With the embermage and warlock I was running out of mana, which is a good thing after playing a paladin with no active skills ("what blue orb do? derp derp" - stupid paladin)

-----

I also tried the Monk (not Salan's mod I know) - but adding that mod (all done via steam) it seemed to kill the elites (as in they weren't present), and I think Salan tweaked the starting area (???), anyway it seemed a lot easier than it probably should be.  Didn't look at the stash in case the game decided all my items were invalid or some such nicery.  Not sure if anyone here is following that mod or not, or whether I've just irretrievably branded myself as a heretic  NB: I only had the monk mod ticked for trying the monk, with normal synergies stuff I had it unticked, so the rest of my feedback can be 'ideological pure' :D.  I think I may have been loading them in the wrong order - tried again with a different character and it seemed to work that time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:07:26 AM by Rick »

arobi

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 02:52:54 AM »
I also tried the Monk (not Salan's mod I know) - but adding that mod (all done via steam) it seemed to kill the elites (as in they weren't present), and I think Salan tweaked the starting area (???), anyway it seemed a lot easier than it probably should be.  Didn't look at the stash in case the game decided all my items were invalid or some such nicery.  Not sure if anyone here is following that mod or not, or whether I've just irretrievably branded myself as a heretic  NB: I only had the monk mod ticked for trying the monk, with normal synergies stuff I had it unticked, so the rest of my feedback can be 'ideological pure' :D.

I presume you mean the monk I am working on?

Feel free to comment on the monk here:
http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5903.0

As for its power, please let me know where you feel it being overpowered. It is a bit powerful at lower levels but should equal out more for end game. It is a brand new class so I'm still interested in balancing it more. OP ends up meaning no fun eventually. With the "Find weakness" it will be quite powerful if you are "cheating" by using items obtained from other classes with +dex on them, but that is one of the key skills to balance the class for not having any weapons at end game.

Derkej

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
The mod itself is great indeed :D But can U tell us what changes are you exactly going to make in the rest of base classes?
Don't know if it is a good topic for it, but I can tell U a thing that is pain in the ass of every bow/xbow amateur- there is actually no suitable build for Outlander bowman. Since pistols and shotgonne have their own passives, what about a one for  bow/xbow only? I was actually thinking about making shadowling ammo usable with bows/xbows only and to bring better use of it, change on-kill to on-hit activation.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 09:58:17 AM by Derkej »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 02:34:18 PM »
Haven't really changed outlander yet, thats on my short list thou

Tomiyou

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »
Thanks for this amazing mod, first of all. The embermage rework is extremely good, fire skills finally feel powerful enough to function within darknessfalls. Believe me, fire embermage is a thing. How? Procs with firebombs. I recorded a video showcasing it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDoWklgKXmE. Compared to wolfpack berserker or proc warlock it is still worse, but it can pull off some good stuff. I would give it some quality of life changes to skills rather than more sustain, in fact, the fire embermage has quite a lot of survivability with procs from Charge Mastery. For instance Firebombs have TERRIBLE aiming, Magma Spears don't have the homing capabilities like Mana Missiles (magma spears are also kinda boring tbh). Magma Mace just feels out of place, since it is a melee ability in a class that is all about kiting and range (Lightning Storm doesn't have the same problem, as it has some range damage + damage reduction). Infernal Collapse just seems useless to me.
Also played with electric treeline, I found that Firebombs are better for proccing than Shockbolts, shockbolts just don't land 70% of the time. By far the best ability the electric storm tree has is Lighting Storm. That thing does damage, lots of damage. I would actually reduce the number of bolts Shockbolts releases, and improve the damage of each one, so the storm tree would be focused on straight up electric damage (LightingStorm electric damage increase). The current shockbolts aren't a big improvent over the old ones, at least the old ones were able to land more reliably, though the new ones have the nice range advantage. Also, the sustain with using the storm treeline is much worse compared to fire, Firebombs can proc the hp and mana gain from Charge Mastery often, while shockbolts often don't (in my experience).
Hope this post helps.

Tomiyou

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »
I think I found how to make Storm tree better, specifically Shockbolts. Make them home on target more, right now they only home with like 0.05, 0.1 would be much, much better.