Author Topic: What happen to the Death Knight thread?  (Read 1753 times)

thetokenshadow

What happen to the Death Knight thread?
« on: December 08, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered previously (I attempted to search the forums for an answer first, but had no luck).

What happened to the thread regarding the Death Knight class? I was checking back in every few months to see how things were progressing and today that thread appears to be missing or requires special permission to view. Was the class shelved? I'd understand if the team doesn't have time to work on it anymore. I'm more curious than anything at this point, really.

potterman28wxcv

Re: What happen to the Death Knight thread?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:24:49 AM »
The death knight is specific to ghostblade. Only he could have removed the thread. Don't know why though

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 03:10:59 PM »
I removed it.

Ghostblade worked on the paladin, and only got half of the work done, and hasn't been around.  I figured if he got the deathknight to a point where it was as full as my reworked paladin is now then I would put it back up easily enough.  No reason to tease things that simple aren't going to happen.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 08:48:45 PM »
I removed it.

Ghostblade worked on the paladin, and only got half of the work done, and hasn't been around.  I figured if he got the deathknight to a point where it was as full as my reworked paladin is now then I would put it back up easily enough.  No reason to tease things that simple aren't going to happen.
Right, I forgot Ghostblade was also the guy who started the Paladin.

Maybe it could have been just moved to another section (as it's unlikely to be part of Synergies again) instead of deleted.. Just in case someone would like to download what he did and continue his work (even though it's unlikely that will happen, there are still some new mods coming out on the workshop. TL2 is not dead yet in terms of modding)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 02:40:20 AM »
dark knight never had any files, was just a 'this is what im thinking of doing'  I think ghost DID work on it at some point, but I don't remember any files being distributed.

He didn't start the paladin, he took it over after I killed myself on it.  We should have scrapped it and just done the dark knight from the start, would have been better for him, hindsight?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »
dark knight never had any files, was just a 'this is what im thinking of doing'  I think ghost DID work on it at some point, but I don't remember any files being distributed.

He didn't start the paladin, he took it over after I killed myself on it.  We should have scrapped it and just done the dark knight from the start, would have been better for him, hindsight?
I did not know there was not any file.. I thought he was really giving updated versions of the Deathknight :P

adoknight

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »
I know this is gravedigging, but I have been watching the deathknight thread and was disappointed when it disappeared. I have played many mmorpgs and have the idea for one that combines many different itterations. If I knew how to create a character mod, I would make one for the passion of both synergies and the class itself.

I dont know what all goes into making the character, but Im sure I could be of some assistence if given the opportunity