Author Topic: Multiplayer HP bug  (Read 624 times)

godchild2

Multiplayer HP bug
« on: February 24, 2016, 04:47:16 AM »
What me and my friend are experiences is that pretty much anything in the game can sometimes do about 80% of our hp in one hit, the mobs normally do like 5%, we tried multiple times to facetank to replicate it and it's very easy to do. But it only hapens in multiplayer. We played vanilla before and it didn't happen then, so we assume it's something with the mod.

And no it's not our ''bad gear'' we tried going to a level 1 zone were mobs do 1 dmg to us, and quite frequently we just lose 80% for seemingly no reason!

Anyone had problems with this earlier?? How to fix it??

Thanks for your time! :)

Cpt-Qc

Re: Multiplayer HP bug
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 04:39:52 PM »
I don't know if you have found a solution but I just noticed this problem too.

It's like every time me and my friend de-sync we revert back to our HP pre-items.
This means we go down to about 10% HP and get killed easily.

We are trying various ways of reducing the syncing and I will report if I can find a way to nullify it.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:22:44 PM »
The game is very badly optimized for when there are tons of data to exchange..

The only way to avoid this is to play with the fewest possible number of players, and play with those who have a good ping with you.

Also, the more crowded an area is, the more transfer you have to do

Cpt-Qc

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:06:24 AM »
I actually found out what was doing the bug. When you get hit, if there is more than 2 sockets in an item, the game de-syncs and sees you without said item.
You end up with just base vitality HP which means that the damage of this monster is often enough to kill you.

I fixed the issue after seeing one of Salan's post where he said he limited the number of sockets to 2 for that reason. Turns out I was using the TL2 Essentials socketer in mapworks and he does not cap at 2.

You can still socket the weapon with 5 sockets as the game seeing you without it for a second it is not a problem.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 09:51:20 AM »
I actually found out what was doing the bug. When you get hit, if there is more than 2 sockets in an item, the game de-syncs and sees you without said item.
You end up with just base vitality HP which means that the damage of this monster is often enough to kill you.

I fixed the issue after seeing one of Salan's post where he said he limited the number of sockets to 2 for that reason. Turns out I was using the TL2 Essentials socketer in mapworks and he does not cap at 2.

You can still socket the weapon with 5 sockets as the game seeing you without it for a second it is not a problem.
Wow that's weird.. I didn't know about this bug.. But yeah, then it's definitely within the TL2 engine.