Author Topic: How to make unit spawner spawn over duration?  (Read 529 times)

Tomiyou

How to make unit spawner spawn over duration?
« on: March 05, 2016, 02:01:00 PM »
I want to create a machine gun ability of some sorts, missile is done, but can't figure out how to unit spawner spawn this missile several times over a course of 1 second? I tried to add another spawn event to the timeline, didn't work (maybe I did something wrong? or it just isn't suppose to work this way?), I tried messing around with some of the unitspawner options, none were successful. I guess I could add 9 unit spawners and set each spawn event with a delayed time manually in the timeline, but that feels kinda sloppy. Any ideas?
Edit: Damn. I was editing the base file which seems to have ignored my changes. You can easily add another point to the spawner in the timeline. Works perfectly.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:22:36 PM by Tomiyou »

potterman28wxcv

Re: How to make unit spawner spawn over duration?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:09:31 PM »
I believe you could do it by timing your spawn. There is no "spawn x monster per second", so you have to do this manually.

You can make a spawner who will spawn say 10 missiles - you set up manually their spawning delays, and then once the last missile is spawned, you restart the spawner.

(i didn't mod a lot so this is a bit foggy, and i'm not even sure of the accuracy of what i'm saying, but it might be worth checking out)