Author Topic: Synelite coming back !  (Read 737 times)

potterman28wxcv

Synelite coming back !
« on: March 22, 2016, 06:30:22 PM »
2 years ago, I had created a steam group called Synelite, to dynamize multiplayer on Synergies.

We had quite some fun with it, but eventually it died because it was too restrictive (playing only on Friday, at a specific hour, taking always the same char..)

I wish to make it return to life, but in better ! I hope this will bring back some of the multiplayer community ;)

How will this work ?
A simple discord channel : https://discord.gg/0u5txVBDD9QSZ2sa

The basic idea is to have a chat in which you can find someone to play with.

The voice channels are organized the following way :
  • "Busy" is where you go when you just don't want to play Synergies for now.
  • "Elite (SC)" is where you go if you want to find someone to play Elite with, in Softcore exclusively
  • "Elite (SC or HC)" is where you go if you want to play on Elite, regardless Hardcore or Softcore

These voice channels are here merely for organization. You don't have to possess a microphone to access them. It's just a way to tell what you're up to ;)

There are also two text channels, named "#general" and "#playing". The general channel will be used for general talk - the playing channel will be reserved for those "hey wanna play with me ?" and other lobbying stuff, to avoid spamming the general channel with it.

As for the rules, I recommend :
  • Playing with only SynergiesMOD. Of course, if you manage to convince someone to use the same mods as yours, feel free to play with other sets of mods. But by default, it should be only Synergies, in order to be accessible to the most people possible.
  • Playing on Elite. Same as above regarding if you don't want to play on Elite but on Veteran.

I will update this topic if further remarks come to my mind ;)

Don't hesitate to invite anyone playing Synergies in this Discord channel. With some luck, it might give again some punch to multiplayer !

PS : I don't have much time myself, so I won't be able to organize any kind of event within the channel. You might not see me very often online. However, I encourage you to invite people you see online in the channel to play with you !

PS2 : the first 10 players to join the Discord chat will get a sweet naked pic

PS3 : you can install the Discord client ! It works exactly like Steam, it connects automatically to the Discord server and you get notified whenever new messages are in there.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:11:46 AM by potterman28wxcv »

Varrocker93

Re: Synelite coming back !
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 03:02:48 AM »
I'll be checking it from time to time to see if anyone wants to play!

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:13:04 AM »
You don't have to access the webpage everytime - there is a Discord client who is really great (unlike the Skype client that I really hate..). Notifications are not annoying, and it doesn't take a shitload of time/resources to connect.

Arthin

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:47:08 AM »
I hope this will be a nice incentive to start playing again for some people, will definitively check out the discord from time to time.

dpercy

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:35:10 PM »
what other mods would you add beside synergiesmod? i like the emberblade class mod that works with mod http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=611

also im overseas in the Philippines wouldn't mine playing with a few people, since i only play lan at home with a few friends.
Looking into doing Elite HC style, love challenges.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 04:19:21 AM »
what other mods would you add beside synergiesmod? i like the emberblade class mod that works with mod http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=611
Like I said, I would prefer playing with no additional content than just Synergies, for two main reasons :
1) no offense, but 95% of the mods in the workshop are unbalanced and too easy (or stupidly hard)
2) Not everyone like the same mod - and the only mod that all the people seem to share is Synergies

However, if you manage to convince people you want to play with in the channel to use these mods, feel free to do so.
I'm just saying that if there is a mod conflict, playing only Synergies should come first.

Varrocker93

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 12:07:18 PM »
Bump, come check out the discord chat if you want some multiplayer!

Riore

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 10:28:44 PM »
Hey people, I am Riore, a new member here and I have to tell you, there are 4 active members in discord in recent days, and it has been amazing , no matter where you live, appear to play with us