Author Topic: Support Class for party?  (Read 666 times)

hazmy

Support Class for party?
« on: April 03, 2016, 05:29:07 AM »
Hello guys!

Me and 2-3 other friends are starting to play Torchlight 2 Synergies this afternoon and I was wondering if I could get a tip or something. I'd like to play some support/tank class that helps the party survive and dps freely / heal while the others can just DPS straight.

Is there any class that is similar to that?

Varrocker93

Re: Support Class for party?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 06:47:32 AM »
I recently tried a Tank Berserker in Elite HC with Potterman and realized it's super hard to get throug the early game. Intrigued, I consoled one up to lv20/30/50 and 100 and bought some gear for those levels, specializing almost exclusively in survivability.

Berserker's Banner is a great group buff (40% dodge at max lv, among other things). Additionally, the class has tons of area CC and sustain skills.

It's not viable from the beginning (especially in Elite or Hardcore there's kind of a power drought from lv 10-20/30 where all you can do is charge up with Hatchet/Banner/Ice Shield/Howl and back out.

Enemies will be slow, their missiles will be reflected from you (if you stand in front of your allies they won't get hit as much), they will be taking more damage and they won't be hitting other members of the party as much.

Scales beautifully and reaches a point at lv30-50 where you can just facetank and make the game smooth sailing for other players. You won't be doing much damage, but then that's not the idea.

Some of the Ice Tree skills are also super helpful for more CC when your Charge is full. If you spec into the Shadow Lunge you can become a shield breaker later on to boot, as well as escape almost any situation.

potterman28wxcv

Re: Support Class for party?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 10:47:51 AM »
The engineer is a great support actually. The stuns are very helpful, and you got this sweet healbot giving free HP for your mates (+ a bonus to armor if leveled up enough). You also have the Forcefield which basically provides a free health pool every 30 sec for everyone.

There is also tremor that provides a useful breathing moment. Anyway, that's why engineer is my favourite class.

The Necromancer is also a good support - with the bone walls/cages along with your minions, you can take some aggro for your mates. Some of the bosses are just plain stupid to kill when caged.

The Embermage can also be played as a support to some extend - she got some CC on her Ice tree - prison, hailstorm, frost wave.. Slowing down enemies can help a lot.