Author Topic: Ember Equipment  (Read 877 times)

force_of_Chaos

Ember Equipment
« on: April 06, 2016, 09:42:06 AM »
For a long time i have always wanted to have one single set of gear that grows with the player. and i have been attempting to do just that. Sadly though my knowledge on guts is rather limited. My idea for this mod would be a gearset with no or the minimal posable stats but have infinite sockets for ember.

the first test, did not go well. to make the gear i made a crafting recipe of (i used a sword for a guinypig) any 1Hsword + any 1 socketable makes the item. end result. complete, nothing. i do not know if i broke the limit on sockets or i am just a stupid pirson when it comes to moding, but any tips or advice on how to do this would be helpful.

potterman28wxcv

Re: Ember Equipment
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:34:15 PM »
I think you should create a special spawnclass and assign it to a particular monster.
This way, you won't have to use a recipe to make your weapon appear in-game - you just kill that monster and it drops.

If it works (if the weapon drop and it does have infinite sockets), then you can move on to implementing a recipe for it.

(just basic strategy of diving complicated stuff in more simple stuff - because right now you have no idea if your problem comes from your weapon or from the recipe)

force_of_Chaos

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 09:08:35 AM »
wellp i figured out its the item itself. i dont know how to do any of that spawn class whatsit but i was able to change a reward from a quest and it wasnt a choosable reward. i compared the item to another item in the units list and filled out all the missing blocks but it still did not apear. youguys have been modding longer then i have (a grand total of about 3 days here. what exactly is the prosess of adding a new item?

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 06:15:46 AM »
Salan has, but I haven't :P I've never added an additional item, so I can't really help you there :/

Modding is a lot of trial and error, and there are only few resources available..
Some tutorials are available here, but they don't cover everything : http://docs.runicgames.com/wiki/Main_Page

However, I would say that you need to add the item to the item list (under Items on GUTS maybe ?), then you need to make it spawn somewhere
There might be a way to make it available to buy in a merchant, but I don't know how.

The only way I would know how to do, is by creating a new spawnclass, and assigning a monster to loot that spawnclass.
Spawnclasses are kind of group of stuff (monsters, items, you name it) that gets used here and there. The treasures that you loot in chests are spawnclasses for example.

Each monster has one or several loot spawnclass - these are the spawnclasses that gets called whenever the monster dies. For example, Grell has an "eyechance spawnclass something" and a "champion loot spawnclass" or something like that.

If you add a spawnclass of your own creation, with your item in it, to one of the monsters in-game, then that monsters will be able to drop your item.