Author Topic: Boss mods conflict with synergies  (Read 416 times)

SophieKitty

Boss mods conflict with synergies
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:10:53 PM »
Heyy im a big fan of your mod and i am really disappointed to say that it conflicts with mine....

It works well in singleplayer, but once i go to multiplayer, the game directly crashes the host

My Mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430186046

It adds a variety of monsters (about 10 so far) and 3 weapons (called Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon and Meteor Staff... 3rd is only for testing and isnt being given away to players under any circumstances)
It adds a few spells too which the bosses use, usually they are called things like Ruby_Weapon_Tentacle_Spawn
oh and it adds 2 new dungeons, Ultima Lair and Omega Ruins
+2 items - Scroll to teleport to ultima lair and omega ruins
-i try to give the items a longer filename so they wont conflict with other things (because of duplicate item etc)

by those infos, do you see what could conflict with your mod?

i hope this gets fixed because your mod is needed for the difficulty of those bosses, they are a bit hard to fight against without it

(sorry for my bad english, i am german)

--edit--
it also conflicts with my other, smaller mod
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678362536
it only adds 1 boss (omega), 1 smaller enemy (mimic omega), 1 item (scroll), 1 weapon (omega weapon), 1 dungeon (2 maps) (omega ruins and omega ruins boss)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:24:08 PM by SophieKitty »

potterman28wxcv

Re: Boss mods conflict with synergies
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:05 PM »
Does your mod work well in multiplayer, or is it *just* with Synergies that it crashes in multiplayer ?

These kind of stuff are hard to figure out.. As it works well in single player, it should work well in multiplayer. But mostly, when it crashes in MP and not in SP, it's because of bugs that have not been corrected by the devs (I mean bugs within the TL2 engine. Features that are supposed to work in multiplayer, but just doesn't).

However, what is odd is that apparently it's the combination of your mod + synergies that crash in multiplayer

SophieKitty

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »
i know, thats the weird part
and i been trying out the mod with 2 friends already, so im very sure that it works in multiplayer
also i tried out adding only my mod and only your mod, it worked fine, but when putting them together, it just wont work at all

i wonder if theres a way to find out whats happening there

but come to think of, if its working in singleplayer, its really not the usual mod conflict, you are right

i hope we find someone sometime who might be able to help on those problems

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 08:21:44 AM »
i know, thats the weird part
and i been trying out the mod with 2 friends already, so im very sure that it works in multiplayer
also i tried out adding only my mod and only your mod, it worked fine, but when putting them together, it just wont work at all

i wonder if theres a way to find out whats happening there

but come to think of, if its working in singleplayer, its really not the usual mod conflict, you are right

i hope we find someone sometime who might be able to help on those problems
The only way to truly find out would be to pack submods of Synergies (like just the items, then just the characters, then etc..) and load them one at a time until you find the one that makes the conflict.

But it would be ton of work to divide Synergies into smaller mods

SophieKitty

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 05:18:12 PM »
a little im wondering if a mod-merge would still cause such a thing
but first i go on working on my mod and then ill see what i can do about it all