Author Topic: Sockets on T1 items  (Read 363 times)

Cpt-Qc

Sockets on T1 items
« on: June 28, 2016, 02:41:01 AM »
Hi, I got my first few T1 items after completing Darkness Falls and I noticed that you cannot add a second socket to those items.

Is there a good reason for that? Why not allow 2 sockets like all other items and lower the number of enchants?

I know you can enchant those items but I like consistency and I find that weird since it's not gonna be any different to allow 1 more socket and prevent enchanting.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:48:02 AM by Cpt-Qc »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Sockets on T1 items
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:23:39 AM »
Hi, I got my first few T1 items after completing Darkness Falls and I noticed that you cannot add a second socket to those items.

Is there a good reason for that? Why not allow 2 sockets like all other items and lower the number of enchants?

I know you can enchant those items but I like consistency and I find that weird since it's not gonna be any different to allow 1 more socket and prevent enchanting.

The reason for T1 items only having 1 socket, is that Mythical skulls (T1 skulls) are much more powerful than the other skulls, so it is for balance reasons.

Also, due to the existence of the "Special Enchant"'s you can't really do what you suggested without a rebalance, right now it's been balanced very well and offers a good challenge for anyone attempting to master SynergiesMOD on the hardest difficulty without cheating or using other mods.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Cpt-Qc

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »
I understand perfectly but it just feels wrong.

You get some shiny new Mythical gear, yet you can't wear it until you pump it's DR with enchants since when you are upgrading you are most likely in Soulboundx2 T0.
You have to keep farming just to be able to use the new items you got.

If only there was a recipe to disenchant Soulbound items to give back the Angelic souls that were spent, that would be perfect....
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:27:50 PM by Cpt-Qc »

Seikusa

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 05:10:58 AM »
If you want to beat synergies on elite, farming is part of the challenge.