Author Topic: Ancient Troll farming  (Read 695 times)

Olorin

Ancient Troll farming
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:34:00 AM »
I have yet to see Darjok the Shadowmaker... what is his chance of spawning, like 5% or something :P
For some reason, the 3 troll mages you need to kill to summon Mojin, don't respawn upon rerolling world. Seems like it takes 3-4 rerolls before they respawn again, can anyone confirm?
Thought the chance of getting magnificent soul drops was something like 10% initially, which got buffed. I installed synergies-highloot, which doesn't seem to alter the drop rate of souls from trolls at all, which sucks. Just takes way too much grinding to soulbind my tier 0 gear.

BTW: Does anybody know who drops/where to get Skull of F'Daugh and Skull of Cy'skz?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:35:58 AM by Olorin »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Ancient Troll farming
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »
I have yet to see Darjok the Shadowmaker... what is his chance of spawning, like 5% or something :P
For some reason, the 3 troll mages you need to kill to summon Mojin, don't respawn upon rerolling world. Seems like it takes 3-4 rerolls before they respawn again, can anyone confirm?
Thought the chance of getting magnificent soul drops was something like 10% initially, which got buffed. I installed synergies-highloot, which doesn't seem to alter the drop rate of souls from trolls at all, which sucks. Just takes way too much grinding to soulbind my tier 0 gear.

BTW: Does anybody know who drops/where to get Skull of F'Daugh and Skull of Cy'skz?

Darjok the Shadowmaker has between 20-30% spawn chance, but it has a random spawn-point, so it can spawn in many different spots.

To spawn Mojin you either kill the troll mages OR the other event spawned where you kill 3 waves of enemies for him to spawn, it's 1 or the other that happens each reroll, if you don't do it, Mojin won't spawn.

Soul drop-chance was increased to make Trolls the fastest way of attaining souls, it's not MUCH better than Derinkuyu, but it's still better, however, if you have trouble surviving, then obviously Derinkuyu will be faster.

Skull of F'Daugh and skull of Cy'skz does not seem to drop from any boss in the game, it could be that Salan made the drop-weight to low, so when you kill a boss, everything else with higher drop-weight will have a higher possibility of dropping.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Olorin

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »
Ah right, I'll just keep skipping Mojin when the waves are there then, it just takes too long. Idk what gear you're using that it only takes you about 2.5 mins on elite, but on normal it takes me closer to 4. So that 6-7 souls per hour I definitely don't get, it's probably closer to 3-4 for me. That's a real shame about the skulls, seeing as how Cy'skz is the most useful skull until you get Syrel'khan skulls.

EDIT: I think the main reason it took me so long is I couldn't DPS effectively due to the fact I had to run away/focus on surviving instead of DPSing. I'm basically an embermage whose main dmg skill is frost wave, which isn't as good on bosses, unless you go right up to their face to hit them with all the waves at once. That becomes slightly problematic when you're a squishy embermage.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 06:55:37 PM by Olorin »

Olorin

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 07:10:10 PM »
And now I've got 3 soul drops as soon as I complained about it :P but for some reason, I'm getting nothing but pet tags as legendary drops.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:12:19 PM by Olorin »

Miothan

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 06:07:30 AM »
That's a real shame about the skulls, seeing as how Cy'skz is the most useful skull until you get Syrel'khan skulls.

You get the same effect from "Salan's Eternal Eye", which can be easily farmed by farming trash mobs in Derinkuyu and picking up any "Vendor Boon Scroll", the vendor boon scroll NPC has about ~20% chance to sell a complete eye, or 1 of the 2 components to craft a completed "Salan's Eternal Eye", so if you are looking to get +7% DR skulls, farming Vendor Boon Scrolls in Derinkuyu is the best/fastest way of obtaining them :)

When i did my timing tests for Souls i am not sure what gear i did it in, and since then, the trolls have been changed as well if i am not mistaken, to be a bit harder, so is probably an average of 3-4 mins per run with full T0 if you don't die.

EDIT: Don't forget, each legendary = 1 Greater Soul when you destroy it via transmuting.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:25:47 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Olorin

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 05:38:23 PM »
Hey man, I managed to get it down to around 2 mins on normal difficulty (because why make the tedious soul farm difficult), the solution was to get good ;) I was being lazy with my deaths bounty that allowed me to just face tank the bosses and blast them right in their face.  Officially soulbound all my T0 twice :D time for darkness falls.
With Boon, do I have to summon him in a certain level area for him to sell the eternal eyes I'm after?
I must have transmuted hundreds of legendaries for souls while playing with high loot, so even if I didn't get a magnificent soul, I would have got 0.5 of one from the legendaries :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:41:29 PM by Olorin »

Miothan

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 05:41:11 PM »
With Boon, do I have to summon him in a certain level area for him to sell the eternal eyes I'm after?

Should not matter where you use the scroll, however, it's only about 20% chance to get anything, so if you are looking to get all the DR skulls you need, it might take you a while, but it's the fastest way of getting them ^_^

Olorin

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »

Should not matter where you use the scroll, however, it's only about 20% chance to get anything, so if you are looking to get all the DR skulls you need, it might take you a while, but it's the fastest way of getting them ^_^

Cheers mate! Shouldn't take me long, as I'm basically an AoE embermage with ridiculously fast clear time on mobs, and all the dank teleports.