Author Topic: Hello Syneriges fans.  (Read 3010 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Hello Syneriges fans.
« on: October 05, 2016, 01:49:53 PM »
Hello everyone,

Its been a bit, hasn't it.

I have had a bunch of PM's, and a lot of questions on here and steam if the mod is still alive.  I would say Yes.  A bit of a hibernation perhaps, but alive.  I haven't worked on it in the last quarter of the year in any reasonable amounts, but that does not mean I intend to not revisit it again and finish what is so close to being done already. 

I have intentionally been not logging into the forums, I apologize for that.  I find I can get wrapped up in it too fast and at this point I am trying to get some college work done to promote my career as my main priority in life.  Modding, and synergies, is a passion I obviously go all in on once I get going on it, and because of that I have to force myself to be a bit more distant right now.

I do need to finish the last of the paladin skills, the icons, the graphics, the write ups with it.
I do need to go through the ranger balance pass, its a fun class and not too bad off, but it could be fine tuned and better.
I have art work for more T1 weapons,
I have a dungeon set for T2 and encounters already started work on.

I can't say how long anything will take to do, but for now the synergies mod is simply me without any of the artistic support I had previously ( I always did all the modding work previously anyways ).

I work shift work in the local Emergency room in nursing, I am taking distance college classes, I am a single dad of an amazing 7 year old with 50% custody, and I volunteer in my community in various roles to better other peoples lives.  Life is complicated, but know that I will never abandon Synergies, even if it seems nothing is happening right now, its never far from my desires. 

Mark - Salan
and his faithful Aberdokki.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Re: Hello Syneriges fans.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »
Also to answer the other question people ask, did I stop to work on another project?

Not really.  I did start working on a grim dawn mod when the paladin was frustrating me constantly, but beyond setting it up and getting use to the game play I didn't get as far into it as I would have had I been modding TL2.

In truth I didn't drop synergies for anything but actual life.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

okami29

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 10:22:27 AM »
Great to see you here again Salan ! :)
Real life is always what matters the most.I think it's better to take the time and do the modding work only when you enjoy it, who knows, in the meantime you might have new ideas on how to improve synergies or make the improvements easier.

TurkishMan

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »
Hello Salan, I love your work and I agree okami's mention, you can slow down but keep in touch with us, we like to see you here. Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:42:56 PM by TurkishMan »
My English is not very good so if I make mistake, just ignore it or report me for improve myself.

liveevil

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 11:45:56 AM »
Welcome Back Salan!!!
We know all too often Live comes first and play needs to take a backseat. I have not logged into my GW2 account in like 3 years>.<
(not quite as interesting as the original..imho so that made it a lil easier, hah ; )~
Know the faithful will wait as there is plenty to keep most busy.
Take care and keep the faith
...blind your eyes and steal your dreams...

deathbit

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 01:28:52 AM »
Awe man.. i know that all to well.. its good to see that you have talked abit about what was going on ... and honastly you have already done so much for torchlight 2 .. and kept it going for alot of people based on just the content you added to the game.

I also understand the whole getting head over heels into modding.. considering i had a problem with grim dawn .. and my mod grim legion.. and getting to involved.. i had to just drop it... wife got upset with how much time i was spending modding.. so yeah :(

Whenever you do get back.. or if you do.. always looking forward to it salan :)

landsteiner

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 03:08:09 PM »
hello sir
"If there are things you learn with friends, there must also be things you learn without friends. They must be of equal worth, two sides of the same coin."

Nomercy

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 05:57:19 AM »
Hello, mate, wellcome back, time to cast "mass ressurection" on us ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:01:06 AM by Nomercy »

Fawzy

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 03:39:19 PM »
You do you, Salan!

alucard

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 07:27:27 PM »

I can't say how long anything will take to do, but for now the synergies mod is simply me without any of the artistic support I had previously ( I always did all the modding work previously anyways ).

I hope things go well for you man, thanks for the mod. Idk if you need a 2d artist but i'll help you out if i can.

VitaminK

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 11:02:06 PM »
I just want this mod updated finally. Nothing compares to TL2 and nothing compares to Synergies.