Author Topic: Leveling, and gearing Questions  (Read 854 times)

Lenaleeluna

Leveling, and gearing Questions
« on: January 23, 2017, 11:31:40 AM »
Hi all!
I have no idea if this is the right thread, and please notify me if that is the case.
I recently got torchlight II in the Steam sales and since I liked v1 I like this very much, even more
then the first game. I installed synergies and played trough the game like normal, using a warlock.
Now I know about the 1 shot build where I will be working towards later (This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8Za58VKzs&t=77s)
Right now I use Netherbolts and Manafield instead of Shields and Missiles. But I have come to a stop now.
1. I am level 57, doing about everything I could in the story. What should I do to level the fastest. I want to get into the endgame content, but I heard getting to 100 can take a while. What is the best options as of now (since Synergies went to some changes and topics I found here are pretty old), or should I just console?
2. Gear, what should I pick or aim for? The previously mentioned build says nothing about enchantments (How about a Sandal built?) and pre gear/ slots? What should I slot before getting into t0? Right now I use the greatsword the grey since it has the highest DPS and Netherbolts do damage based on DPS right? For armor I just use gear that gives me focus/ mana, and I slot mana steal on hit, further more nothing. Any tips? Or sets I can buy/ find?

Many thanks for reading this small wall, and more thanks for the answers

Ragnar

Re: Leveling, and gearing Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:14:34 AM »
If u want faster lvling u can always find my Embermage on internet games in Synergies. i play on 10x exp 2x gold untill i ding 100  so its possible to ding 100 in 1 day or few hours :) u welcome

Lenaleeluna

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:04:59 PM »
I would have to find you first ;) And I wouldn't mind consoling if it did not have any negative influence.
Any leads on the gear?

Ragnar

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
Well as i said if u would like to play with me to understand your char your skill etc. i have a mod with 10x exp 2xgold ..that i will take off when i ding 100. I will create tommorow evening a game around 8PM uk time. Game name will be name of this topic :) so its up to u ...if u want go straight away to 100 by console or u want to learn your char :)

Ragnar

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 04:17:40 PM »
OK if u ever read this today ...im gona create a game right now ....untill midnight.... I have Embermage arund lvl 60 or so ...welcome find me ..download 10x 2x mod and join ;]

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 01:49:39 AM »
Hi all!
I have no idea if this is the right thread, and please notify me if that is the case.
I recently got torchlight II in the Steam sales and since I liked v1 I like this very much, even more
then the first game. I installed synergies and played trough the game like normal, using a warlock.
Now I know about the 1 shot build where I will be working towards later (This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8Za58VKzs&t=77s)
Right now I use Netherbolts and Manafield instead of Shields and Missiles. But I have come to a stop now.
1. I am level 57, doing about everything I could in the story. What should I do to level the fastest. I want to get into the endgame content, but I heard getting to 100 can take a while. What is the best options as of now (since Synergies went to some changes and topics I found here are pretty old), or should I just console?
2. Gear, what should I pick or aim for? The previously mentioned build says nothing about enchantments (How about a Sandal built?) and pre gear/ slots? What should I slot before getting into t0? Right now I use the greatsword the grey since it has the highest DPS and Netherbolts do damage based on DPS right? For armor I just use gear that gives me focus/ mana, and I slot mana steal on hit, further more nothing. Any tips? Or sets I can buy/ find?

Many thanks for reading this small wall, and more thanks for the answers

You certainly do not want to use that guys setup if you are planing on doing Darkness Falls, pretty much anyone and anything can be used to kill Derinkuyu bosses fast as it's the introductory raid, but the setup and skills he uses are certainly not optimal.

The fastest way of leveling is the Clockwork Castle, which spawns Hero mobs all the time, other than that there is Realm of Discord which is an endless dungeon basically, but not as fast for leveling as Clockwork Castle. How to get there? In Table Mountains talk to the NPC that lets you Teleport to Selrock, buy "Clockwork Castle" waypoint Scroll once in Selrock, then use it and you get teleported to the area where you just sit and kill stuff that spawns.

You can read my guide on the Warlock, it guides you from fresh start of lvl 100 all the way to completely min-maxed in Darkness Falls: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=3922.0

And once you hit level 100 you can also read this guide which should give you a general idea of what you can do: http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=5557.0
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Ragnar

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 04:37:08 AM »
Plz add that Clockwork tower need quite strong PC .... i was trying to fight there...but after a while my Laptop was nearly dead xD

Lenaleeluna

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 01:40:59 PM »
Thankx Miothan. I tried clockwork, and I did get a lot of exp but I died pretty easily. There are 3 varieties of clockwork. Does it matter which one I pick?
I saw your guide, which helps a bunch. But for whatever reason I cannot find the items you name in table mountain. Does the vendor in table mountain sell items based on your level? (or did the loot table change? Like I said, right now I walk around with some blue items with focus on it, and a greatsword with 700 ish attack)
Is there a discord for this game btw?

Ragnar

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 02:02:09 PM »
Thankx Miothan. I tried clockwork, and I did get a lot of exp but I died pretty easily. There are 3 varieties of clockwork. Does it matter which one I pick?
I saw your guide, which helps a bunch. But for whatever reason I cannot find the items you name in table mountain. Does the vendor in table mountain sell items based on your level? (or did the loot table change? Like I said, right now I walk around with some blue items with focus on it, and a greatsword with 700 ish attack)
Is there a discord for this game btw?

Items sold at Table Mountain vendors are random ... Im working with this liek that :
-run 1 lvl of gold mine
-tp to table mountain
-check vendors
-back to gold mine for another level than from point 1 ;]

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »
Yes, Table Mountain Vendor spawns items in your level range, so for example if you go there at level 60, it will spawn items in the level range of ~50-80 or something like that, not sure what the exact item level range is but it's not really important, it is a good way of getting good leveling uniques if you are feeling the need for better survivability/dps on your way to lvl 100.

Table Mountain vendors can spawn almost all non-synergiesMOD items, so if you want for example a Ring of the Succabi you just need to create an online game rerolling world, check the Table Mounain Vendor for the item, if it didn't spawn, just re-create the game until you do get it.

That is the reason why in my Warlock guide i have specific items as the "Fresh lvl 100" starter gear since you can get all of them by just rerolling the Table Mountains vendor until you get them.

Not sure if there is a Discord for TL2, but for SynergiesMOD i don't think one exists, simply because to play together you need the exact same MODS and there are so many differnt mods that the userbase uses that you would need to have a specific Discord (Such as "SynergiesMOD" Discord channel) to ever get even a team of 3 together, my own experiences with multiplayer in TL2 is rather bad, there is a bug that happens when you multiplay which sets you to level 1 and thus you easily die at those occasions, and when you have played the game for as long as i have, it's usually only hardcore which is "fun" and when i tried that in multiplayer i have died to the level 1 bug on all my tried (3 tries in multiplayer) while i have successfully completed all but 1 boss in Derinkuyu on Hardcore Elite difficulty playing solo, the one boss i haven't managed to kill on Hardcore yet is Kite, he debuffs you harder than Darkness Falls, quite unbalanced for a Derinkuyu boss and Salan changed the debuff values at some point and then left them unbalanced, seems like he liked having a really hard boss in Derinkuyu :P

The Clockwork scrolls has 3 varieties: Normal Mobs, Hero Mobs, Boss Mobs.

Playing Necromancer as a minion master enables the Necromancer to easily do the Boss Mob version of the Clockwork scrolls and minion master is great for leveling in general, tho it sucks for raiding since there are a lot of bosses in DF that you simply can't do as a minion master.

And if you haven't already read about it: Easiest way of getting the socketables you need (skulls) is to just kill the trash mobs in Derinkuyu since they quite often drop different skulls, also drops Vendor Boon Scrolls which is the fastest way of getting "Eye of Salan" which gives you 7% damage reduction instead of only 5% :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:11:28 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!