Author Topic: Engi T1 question. Build/items/stats help needed  (Read 635 times)

Zuzu

Engi T1 question. Build/items/stats help needed
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:58:48 AM »
Hi.

I'ma playing engi. I just got to T1 and have few questions that need answer. Hoping for your's help in there. My survi is ok but i have a problem with dmg. I can take down troll, dragons and that first guy in mill but rest are impossibru. Below are my stats, items and stuff so ima open for suggestions what to do now.

Skills:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B274KFGacyDVdVMwTXY0YzJwd3M
Stats:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B274KFGacyDVakZvNU1JS0UtdTA
Items:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B274KFGacyDVZGFiYl9MQmM2czQ

So my big questions would be.
What to do now? farm t1? or soulbound rest of items first?
What set should i go for and which soulbounds and trinkets?
Should i change my stats or build to do more dmg?
Plea no other classes i really enjoy engi but lacking in dmg.
How to deal with Mana problems?

Any discussion is appreciate

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
Re: Engi T1 question. Build/items/stats help needed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:56:59 AM »
Hi.

I'ma playing engi. I just got to T1 and have few questions that need answer. Hoping for your's help in there. My survi is ok but i have a problem with dmg. I can take down troll, dragons and that first guy in mill but rest are impossibru. Below are my stats, items and stuff so ima open for suggestions what to do now.

Skills:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B274KFGacyDVdVMwTXY0YzJwd3M
Stats:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B274KFGacyDVakZvNU1JS0UtdTA
Items:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B274KFGacyDVZGFiYl9MQmM2czQ

So my big questions would be.
What to do now? farm t1? or soulbound rest of items first?
What set should i go for and which soulbounds and trinkets?
Should i change my stats or build to do more dmg?
Plea no other classes i really enjoy engi but lacking in dmg.
How to deal with Mana problems?

Any discussion is appreciate

Darkness Falls is a raid where you will have to replace items as you get better drops, and eventually you will be able to kill the hardest bosses: Rak'var and Syrel'Khan

The best T1 set for the Engineer is imo the Residual Aftermath set, allows you to practically never die due to insane Aegis of Fate procs, and your damage is great as well, can easily kill every single boss and complete their challenge chests, the mana problem is taken care of by the set-bonus which allows you to leech mana from autoattacks, on my own engineer in full T1 i refill my mana from 0 to 331 in about 2,5 seconds, so a bit more than 120 mana per seconds while i autoattack, and a nice "bonus" is that your autoattacks are almost as strong as your skills, so you don't really lose out on dmg by autoattacking.

Your skill build: I would keep it as is, except for Fire Bash and Charge Domination, remove those 2 and replace it with Shield Bash and Supercharge, Shield Bash will allow you to get 5 charges in about 2-3 seconds, so it's much better than Fire Bash, not sure what you use it for anyway :P And Supercharged works if you use Earthquake in melee range, which i think you use most of the time? so extra damage, Charge Domination is rather useless imo as it requires you to kill mobs and might not even proc, and it's faster to use Shield Bash to build up charge anyway.

Your items: Soulbind all of them twice, Derinkuyu is super simple anyway, so won't take you long to get the required ingredients and it really pays of, i would recommend you to get All Adamant items except for Leggings and Sword, get the other 10 and Soulbind them twice(except for Rings and shield since you can't soulbind rings and weapons/shields), then get a pair of Blue quality Leggings with high stats (a total of over 100+ stats combined) and get Hammer of Retribution and socket it with either 2x Skull of Nalas or 2x Skull of Zardon.

Your Stats: You need to make sure you have 75% Damage Reduction in Darkness Falls and as high of a block chance as you can get, preferably at least 70% (75% is cap) and you want to have 20k HP after debuff as well in Darkness Falls to have a good chance at survival vs. T1 Bosses.

Your Spells: Not sure what spells you are currently using, but i would recommend these spells for you to use, Blocking IV, Weapons Expertise IV, Concentration IV and either Dervish IV or Willpower IV, when you start doing the Executioner you might want to have Willpower IV since it makes you immune to hes immobalize which saves your life :D

And lastly, i recommend you get as many "Salan's Eternal Eye" (+7% Damage Reduction) as you need, fastest way of getting them is through Vendor Boon Scrolls that drops quite frequently from trash mobs in Derinkuyu.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:07:45 AM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Zuzu

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »
Thanks.

I use fire bash for bonus fire dmg. Didnt know about supercharge working that way. With adamant sword and emberquake I get preety sweet meteors spam that do fire dmg. Is hammer that good? Also used elemental overload spell for more fire dmg. Thought going fire/focus build is it that bad? I have good reduction and blocking so i dont die too much only dmg is big problem right now.

Which stat should i focus most on?

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:17:01 PM »
Ah, i am too used to answering questions about starter gear X_x yea, the Adamant Sword is probably better since you do more damage with Emberquake than you do with Glacial Spike.

Actually not sure if the buff from Fire Bash is worth it or not, haven't done any research on that, could very well be worth it and could very well be crap X_x

However, if you have no problem with getting charges for your forcefield etc then don't bother switching, but if you do switch, it would be nice if you could tell us if you notice a drop in time taken to kill enemies etc :)

When you are progressing in DF and wear Adamant gear just fill as many sockets with Focus skulls as you can as both STR and FOCUS adds +0.5% Weapon DPS per point, so does not matter if you go for STR or FOCUS if you want to increase your Weapon DPS dmg, but since your crit chance will be low when you start out in Darkness Falls it's better to go for focus, i would definitely swap out Elemental Overload for Dervish VI as that will be a good boost in dmg when you use it, well, depending on if you have the mana to support the cast speed you gain from it, otherwise it might not be worth it for you :P

For progress you really need to wear any decent T1 items you find and use the mythical skulls and special enchants to be able to progress towards the hardest bosses Rak'var and Syerl'Khan, you will not be getting a full set of items you need until you can kill Rak'var and Syerl'Khan, and to kill them you need good enough damage and survivability which will only come from you swapping out your old T0 items with T1 items.

There is no "get these items or you suck!" while progressing, as anything that will increase your damage is what you need, and the drops are random any way :D it's up to the judgement of the player as to what item you deem worthy of using special enchants on as that is ingredients you will never get back, but Mythical skulls can be removed and reused :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:21:59 PM by Miothan »
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!