Author Topic: Is this mod dead?  (Read 691 times)

demon-storm

Is this mod dead?
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:13:59 PM »
So, there hasn't been an update for a long time now. Can we expect anything in the future?

Will the missile reflect in darknessfalls ever be addressed so ranged physical characters can also exist?

Kahlan

Re: Is this mod dead?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 07:13:10 PM »
Heya,
 I dont think this mod is dead. Thought I have been wondering why is Paladin still in alpha after all that time.
I would definitely appreciated more people playing, since getting some info is sometimes impossible (though Synergies Mod calculator and sets page is good enough).
I have started playing Hardcore 14 days ago. Just started playing because of 75% off on steam honestly. Im having huge fun so far. Even though my 2 hardcore characters died already, so Im leveling the 3rd one (on level 22 so far, wish me luck hehe).

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 08:44:44 AM »
The mod is dead, Salan hasn't worked on it for a very long time now

demon-storm

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:41 AM »
Sad :(

Seems like I'll have to be contented with melee classes, since playing physical rangers is impossible :(

A very quick and easy fix would be to reduce the missile reflect damage to 0%. This way, bosses are extremely tough only, they won't one shot you with your own hits.

On another note, has anyone heard anything of Salan recently? Is he ok? I mean, he's been inactive for almost a year both here and on the grim dawn forums.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:51:51 AM by demon-storm »

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:07:11 AM »
Sadly, as Potterman already wrote, this mod can be considered dead by now, has been too long since a patch was released for SynergiesMOD and Salan is no-where to be found.

A lot of stuff is left unfinished and probably will never be updated, but SynergiesMOD is still a very complete experience.
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

demon-storm

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
but SynergiesMOD is still a very complete experience.

I beg to differ.

The leveling experience is a mess. There are still numerous bugs in darknessfalls, more than half of the classes are incapable of completing a reasonable amount of bosses, even with already tier 1 gear and the newly added classes (ranger, paladin) are underpowered and hard to understand (because the skills are worded poorly).

If there's something I regret is that I was too late to the party. I could provide feedback when Salan was still working on the mod and maybe he could prioritize the more important things first.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 04:44:42 AM »

I beg to differ.

The leveling experience is a mess. There are still numerous bugs in darknessfalls, more than half of the classes are incapable of completing a reasonable amount of bosses, even with already tier 1 gear and the newly added classes (ranger, paladin) are underpowered and hard to understand (because the skills are worded poorly).

If there's something I regret is that I was too late to the party. I could provide feedback when Salan was still working on the mod and maybe he could prioritize the more important things first.
I asked Salan on Steam to go back to the previous version, where Paladin wasn't reworked yet and it was working really well actually. Also, on the previous version, Embermage is not OP like she is right now. I had an answer that is not really one.. I don't think he will take a look at it unfortunately. He has left the modding scene once and for all, me thinks.

As for the missile reflection thing, technically it's not missile reflection but damage reflection. Missile reflection doesn't one shot ranged characters, it just deflects the shots. Damage reflection, on the other hand, is a mess of a stat.

I think Salan has been asked more than once to just remove this attribute which is more of an annoyance than anything, especially for Prismatic Bolt Embermages, but he never did, even when he was still active.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 09:55:13 AM »

I beg to differ.

Leveling from 1-00 was never something SynergiesMOD was about, SyenrgiesMOD has always been about the content it adds....raids, it does not add any lvling content simply because Salan never made any lvling content and never expressed any interest towards adding leveling content either, Realm of Discord was added (from my understanding) mainly due to the story-line in Synergies and not as a "use this to lvlup".

SynergiesMOD is a very complete experience in that it allows 4 classes to complete all SynergiesMOD content, SynergiesMOD has decent longevity which is why i say it's a very complete experience, if you take your time to gear your character and go through T0 all the way to T1 raids you will have a lot to do.

What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 08:12:48 PM »
What is dead can not be killed?... or something like that, right?

But winter is coming!

wait.. no wrong franchise.

I'm alive, mods not dead.. i'll look thru what I can.  I'm working on paladin first and foremost, the old version was horrible, and no way I'm going back to it.  It wasn't even slightly balanced and was a mishmash of unrelated ideas from two different people.  It needs a common thought and direction, and i'll fix it up!

the embermage, i'll balance what it is now, but i can't remove it.  For each person who dislikes change there is one likely who likes it.  Making one happy will piss off the other.  If its OP it'll get balanced.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

demon-storm

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 01:20:44 PM »
Salan, can you please reconsider the reflect that affects ranged weapon characters in darknessfalls? Perhaps tone it down to a reasonable 25% of what it is currently? At the moment, if I attack a boss with 100 projectiles, I'll be lucky to hit him with 3-4 and I will also take a ton of damage on top of that, 30k hp and 75% DR in darknessfalls considered.

And this is from the perspective of an op ranged class I found in the steam workshop. I can't fathom how other less powerful ranged classes can do anything in darknessfalls.

This would open very many build possibilities.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »
The more damage you do, the more you take... Right?

So a bursty OP projectile class that would kill the boss in seconds, instead kills itself? right?
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Varrocker93

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 03:11:51 PM »
Glad to see you're still around, man!

Look forward to any new changes to the mod.

demon-storm

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 08:34:07 AM »
The more damage you do, the more you take... Right?

So a bursty OP projectile class that would kill the boss in seconds, instead kills itself? right?

Yes. The problem is that you can't do any damage whatsoever because the boss also blocks 99% of the hits. The 1% that go through will reflect the damage back to you, killing you anyway.

I don't know why you are arguing that this is a good mechanic. If you're content with that, despite everyone saying it is bad, then you're simply a bad decision and mod maker.