Author Topic: Patch 1332  (Read 1387 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Patch 1332
« on: May 19, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »
RESPEC
Respec Potion
Removed the Respec Potion from Synergies vendors, you should consider destroying yours.

Respec Vendor's  <Using a modified version of TorchModders release>
All respec vendors can now respec your skill points correctly, and fully
All respec vendors can now respec STAT points as well.
<<  these respec vendors only work on Vanilla classes and Synergies classes, will not work on other mod's classes >>

Respec vendor added to TableMountain.

PALADIN

HONOR
Blessing of Alacrity
Tiers of Alacrity now increase the skill by a significant amount more then their previous investments.

Armor of Righteousness
Renamed Armor of Protection
Reworking the graphics involved with the skill
added correct documentation of skill

Broke the skill into tiers.
0pnt: % Damage taken reduction
5pnt: Fire defense, Lightning defense
10pnt: Ice defense, Poison defense
15pnt: Large bonus of each defense type.

increased the cost of the manacost_normal graph by 20%, will test this see if I leave it increased or not.

DIVINITY
Abolition
Fixed a bug that made its graphic go off when loading or upgrading.

RANGER

Tree of Life
Reduced the ground shake duration to 1 second from 3.

WARLOCK

Mana Missiles
Added a 1 second internal cooldown to the proc of the extra missiles.
Bringing the skill more in line with the rate of proc's from other warlock skills.
The value of the cooldown will be watched closely, and is open to more tweaking as needed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:40:34 PM by Salan »
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Rhythmier

Re: Patch 1332
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »
OMG Salan you really are back!  ; :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Over9k

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »
WHOA!

A full new respec system!!!

Thats a huge improvement! an aepic milestone! a deed thaty will be remembeed and singed by the generations to come for centuries!!!

THX A LOT!
What????!!!!   NINE THOUSAND???!!!!!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:57 PM »
found an issue with a few skills, fixing them
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Squakes

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 02:13:34 PM »
Welcome back Salan. I never thought this day would come. cheers mate and good to see you modding again.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 11:53:26 AM »
WARLOCK

Mana Missiles
Added a 1 second internal cooldown to the proc of the extra missiles.
Bringing the skill more in line with the rate of proc's from other warlock skills.
The value of the cooldown will be watched closely, and is open to more tweaking as needed.

Not sure if you changed anything else but after trying out the new patch i notice it taking about 4 times longer to kill Rak'var as a Warlock compared to before, same with the Troll King, and Dragon Rescue has now become a bit hard to have the Dragon Survive, not sure how doable it is as a progressing warlock now. The other bosses seems to be in quite a good spot except for the Warlock which is probably going to be even harder now to get the challenge chest from as a Warlock progressing.

This patch moves down Warlock from being the best in DF to 2nd place ^_^
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 03:34:51 PM »
Previously in that 1 second window you had a LOT of proc opportunities, now you have a considerably less amount.  Mana missiles overshadowed any other warlock build completely when built that way,  From my tests they are all a lot more even now.

Miothan

• Bring in the dead, for the living has no use!
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »
Previously in that 1 second window you had a LOT of proc opportunities, now you have a considerably less amount.  Mana missiles overshadowed any other warlock build completely when built that way,  From my tests they are all a lot more even now.

Not sure what you mean by "they are all a lot more even" sure the other "spammable" abilities are closer to Mana Missiles in efficiency now but Mana Missiles still leaves any other spammable ability for the warlock in the dust, and is the only spammable ability the warlock has that a Warlock can use to complete all challenge chests, the other abilites: Burning Blade, Netherbolts, Nether Slash and Nether Spikes all have a downside attached to them for certain encounters (+ the fact they all deal less dmg than mana missiles anyway), they just can't complete all challenge chests because they do not measure up, even with this recent change Mana Missiles is still the best ability to use, heres some data from my BiS Warlock testing out them all on Rak'var, Dragon Rescue and Abe (Survival encounter, DPS encounter dragon has to survive and a heavy deflect+ dps race encounter) did not use any other encounters to test since i don't think any other encounters will prove anything except for Nether Lord, but i don't really want  to do Bleld and Warlock for that :P

Mana Missiles
Rak'var Deafeat time: 65 Seconds, 0 Deaths
Abe Defeat Time: Not sure, finished the Challenge chest so :P
Dragon Rescue: Failed 1 time to rescue Nysgy, succeded 1 time.

Netherbolts
Rak'var Defeat time: 115 Seconds, 0 deaths
Abe Defeat Time: Not sure, failed the Challenge chest, 2 tries.
Dragon Rescue: Failed 1 time, quite close to making it tho, so perfectly possible with Netherbolts, but easier with Mana Missiles.

Neather Slash
Rak'var Defeat Time: 150 seconds, 0 deaths
Abe Defeat Time: did not time it, failed the challenge chest.
Dragon Rescue: failed miserably :P imo not possible to complete with Nether Slash.

Nether Spikes
Rak'var Deafeat Time: 220 seconds, 0 deaths
Abe Defeat Time: did not time it, failed challenge chest,
Dragon Rescue: Failed to rescue nysgyr, was close tho, so certainly possible.

Burning Blade
Rak'var Defeat Time: 3 minutes something, was a snooze fest, 0 deaths
Abe Defeat Time: did not time it, failed Challenge chest.
Dragon Rescue: Failed to rescue nysgys, not sure if possible to complete with burning blade.

The advantage of Mana Missiles over the other abilities is the 0 cooldown , close to 0 cast animation and it's 10 in total hits it does per cast, the other abilities are left in the dust compared to it, it works on all bosses and has no downsides other than limited range, but even then the range is great.

Aside from all that, i think that most Warlock builds who wants to aim for T1 will use the same abilities in the end, there just isn't a way around it when the end-game (T1) is tailored towards higher difficulty, it makes it so you just can't use abilities which are not good, i mean....if i would make a build with Burning Blade and use Meteor Strike instead of Inferno it would take a lot more time to defeat bosses and im not sure i would be able to do Dragon Rescue at all since Inferno certainly is the best ability overall if factoring in all boss encounters.

And if your goal this time around with changes are to bring most classes in line with each other, then you need to have a clearcut standard for survivability, damage and utility, i mean, Berserkers survivability is almost as good as the Warlock, but hes damage is now 3-4 times as good so he does not need to spend as much time fighting a boss which cuts down on the time the berserker takes damage, since the patch and testing stuff, my Warlock has died more than my Berserker simply because berserker finishes encounters much faster, and the problem with deflection + shity abilities is what makes for example the Outlander garbage and the Rangers abilities also suffers from deflection problems when i tested it, and the melee ranger imo has problems with too many "buff" procs which seems to do nothing when i tested it.

Having said all that, it would be fun if you could truly make the other abilities measure up to Mana Missiles as that would open up slight build variety even if it's only between the spammables, would be fun to use Neather Spikes and the other spammables to do bosses and challenge chests =)
What was once dead, can be made into servants of death and destruction. Feast on the innocent, slaughter the weak and punish those who would stand in your way!

demon-storm

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »
And if your goal this time around with changes are to bring most classes in line with each other, then you need to have a clearcut standard for survivability, damage and utility, i mean, Berserkers survivability is almost as good as the Warlock, but hes damage is now 3-4 times as good so he does not need to spend as much time fighting a boss which cuts down on the time the berserker takes damage, since the patch and testing stuff, my Warlock has died more than my Berserker simply because berserker finishes encounters much faster, and the problem with deflection + shity abilities is what makes for example the Outlander garbage and the Rangers abilities also suffers from deflection problems when i tested it, and the melee ranger imo has problems with too many "buff" procs which seems to do nothing when i tested it.

I want to second this. I can't say how important is for the reflect/block mechanics to get tuned down/disappear so classes in T1 wouldn't be utter trash.

Salan, do you even play your mod? I am asking this in the most unironical and honest way. Did you play all classes, at least fully geared for the current tier?

At this moment, any class that uses a ranged weapon (this is the common denominator for reflect in darknessfalls, skills have nothing to do with it) can't do anything in darknessfalls, not even fully t1 geared. I spent so much time to farm with my berserker to equip my outlander and my outlander can't do even 10% of the damage berserker does. Yes, it is THAT bad.

I have played ARPG games for more than 10k hours, from median xl in diablo 2 to path of exile. Your mod is the most imbalanced gameplay modification I have ever encountered. At times, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The only thing that your mod does that stands out really nice is that it attempts to offer a genuine endgame experience that's hard and challenging which vanilla lacks, despite being gated behind sets (which I always hated because sets generally limit gear options - look at diablo 3), but I don't mind that.

It really bothers me that this mod is advertised as being "Brutal", when in fact it is imbalanced and offers extremely little options to tackle endgame. Just pick a berserker and level on elite. The game is suddenly easy. I'm not even joking.

I played a lot of ranger. I actually leveled it till ~80, on melee and ranged likewise. The procs are utterly useless, either because they do nothing or because they deal flat amount of damage which falls off very fast in this mod. To be honest, I don't even understand the tooltips. There are so many spelling mistakes and the definitions for some skills are flat out missing or incomplete.

I highly doubt you consider the ranger a fully functional and completed class, because it is not.

As of now, most classes are either completely useless (outlander, ranger, but those are useless because darknessfalls reflect and block and embermage) or have 1-2 skills that completely overshadow  every other skill in their arsenal.

Take berserker for example, Wolf pack is absurdly powerful it's not even funny. Meanwhile, ravage deals almost 4 times less damage per total than wolf pack, and it's not even ranged and it provides more than twice less benefits from passive procs because the skill has 3 hits, while wolfpack launches 7 wolves at tier 15.

One more thing on my mind is the fact that you think the reflect in darknessfalls is fine, despite obviously not being fine for the reasons stated above and in other threads. I can understand if you say you don't have time to dedicate to this mod, but it seems like this problem has been brought to your attention a lot of times and you have been prioritizing other stuff like the paladin.

So, another thing you could prioritize before working on paladin and after tackling reflect/block in darknessfalls for ranged weapons could be balancing vanilla classes, along with the classes you designed, because, as miothan stated, they're quite imbalanced.

Yes, the paladin is another class that could be nice, but why not prioritize the problem that makes at least 2 ranged classes useless? Even more if I include workshop classes.

I am sorry if I came as aggressive, but I feel like not enough people (if at all) addressed the problems of the mod in a direct manner to you, which led to you giving only evasive or passive aggressive answers.

I would gladly provide feedback for every change you make regarding skill balance and endgame capability, only if you're willing to accept it and provide me with such.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:00:39 PM by demon-storm »

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 12:04:01 AM »
I'll see if i can do ya justice :)

this weeks busy with school and work, but I have time coming up again to put more effort in.  I am still working on the paladin mostly, and then absolutely, you are right the others need looking at and a standard needs to be set.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 06:30:46 AM »
I completely agree with you on the subject demon-storm.

However, if you remove the Reflect from T1 monsters, Berzerker instantly becomes unkillable..

To rebalance things properly, one would need to do a lot of different iterations and a lot of playthroughs until it's finally on the sweet spot. In the case of Synergies, Salan is a one man army, and I think there's just way too much work to do this alone.

Thezen

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 08:03:57 AM »
The game really needs more variety, every class should be viable for t1 content.
Nerfing is not always good, why shouldn't you feel like a god slaying cockroaches when you get all the BiS gear/gems/enchants?
If you spend hours and hours just to get a character that is "ok", it feels like shit.
Atm im trying to get some vitality gems/enchants on my 8/12 Residual aftermath berserker, bosses take a fuckton of time/rips , if i complete this grind and my character doesn't destroy everything in the end, i will just uninstall tbh.
It's the whole point in ARPGS, you progress your gear to make the character strong and destroy everything.
Also , what is the point on having the bosses drop nothing at all sometimes? It doesn't make it so you feel rewarded when you actually DO get something tbh.
I probably did around 20 or so Bleld runs, 70% had no loot. I have 0 vitality gems :D

demon-storm

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »
I think wolf pack needs to be rescaled to something like 20% weapon dmg for level 1 that gets increased by ~2% for 50% at most at level 15. It would still be pretty overpowered and most abilities shouldn't be balanced in accord to wolf pack since it is an outlier. I never understood why Runic made that ability so powerful.

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »

Not sure what you mean by "they are all a lot more even" sure the other "spammable" abilities are closer to Mana Missiles in efficiency now but Mana Missiles still leaves any other spammable ability for the warlock in the dust, and is the only spammable ability the warlock has that a Warlock can use to complete all challenge chests, the other abilites: Burning Blade, Netherbolts, Nether Slash and Nether Spikes all have a downside attached to them for certain encounters (+ the fact they all deal less dmg than mana missiles anyway), they just can't complete all challenge chests because they do not measure up, even with this recent change Mana Missiles is still the best ability to use, heres some data from my BiS Warlock testing out them all on Rak'var, Dragon Rescue and Abe (Survival encounter, DPS encounter dragon has to survive and a heavy deflect+ dps race encounter) did not use any other encounters to test since i don't think any other encounters will prove anything except for Nether Lord, but i don't really want  to do Bleld and Warlock for that :P

then we gotta make the others more useful, I hate nerfing, its not thte way to make people happy at all, and you can still create balance fairly without going overboard in that direction.