Author Topic: No option to join LAN game...  (Read 98 times)

Lermois

No option to join LAN game...
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »
Okay, so I know this has been an issue in the past with Torchlight and not necessarily Synergies. However, this time I'm pretty sure the problem lies with Synergies.

My brother and I downloaded Synergies and Torchlight 2 Essentials mods (only these two) and started playing a few days ago with absolutely no issues. He created a ranger, I made an engineer. We got to level 11 and today, after work, I come home and we simply cannot join each other's LAN game as there is no option to join, it simply says "LAN Play". NOTHING was changed between last night and today. Neither of us played at all. We have exactly the same load order as well. However, there is one discrepancy. His version of the mod, as presented in the TL2 mod manager, is "1333". The version presented to me is "1338". I am using a PC and he is using a Mac, so this may be the difference in the mod version, but it was working fine for 3 days before today.

Things I've tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling both mods on both computers
I tried hosting, and he tried hosting. Same result
I tried to create a LAN game in vanilla, and we were able to play together.
I tried to create a LAN game with only TL2 Essentials installed, and we were able to play together (with new characters).
I tried to create a LAN game with only Synergies installed, and were UNABLE to play together (no option to join, using newly created characters)

Any further ideas?

Lermois

Re: No option to join LAN game...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 10:03:36 PM »
UPDATE:

Unfortunately, nothing has resolved the problem after trying numerous different things. We decided to give up on the mod so we can play together. Such a shame, it has a lot of promise but if it doesn't have functioning multiplayer then we have to move on.