Author Topic: Patch 1337  (Read 1082 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
Patch 1337
« on: May 24, 2017, 10:59:53 AM »
Its leet.

EMBERMAGE
Charge Mastery
Removed the heal on hit

PALADIN
Stay of Execution
Removed this skills guts, it currently does nothing.

These changes are due to bugs within the secondary skill of each of these skills giving free skill points.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

Squakes

Re: Patch 1337
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 09:43:36 PM »
Problem is that the Charge Mastery nerf kills off embermages... again. you have no survivability what so ever without the heal on strike :(

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:16:54 AM »
Will be looking into options that work
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---

Squakes

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:14:53 AM »
in my humble oppinion it may not be a bad idea even to leave it as it was ... besides from the problem durring respec (which most of us can bypass using either console or rapidrespec) it s not really broken at all. it was actually working pretty well, and i really don t find the respec problem a gamebreaker. if you need any help with testing just hollar. thanks for the great work man 8)

Squakes

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:42:37 AM »
i ve been actually thinking ... since the embermage is the most f***** class of all, a possible workaround would be to put all brands in 1 skill (i.e. lvl 1 gives x-y fire damage, x-y frost damage and x-y lightning damage) and just make one of the other 2 spare skill slots Life Mastery. that would also free up about 15 skills for the embermage, skills that will surely go in death bounty ( which is useless except for the vital missle reflect debuff on enemies).
as for the last brand slot that would be free you could just pull out a passive thing that would be nice to have but not vital. a small cast speed buff or something like that.

Over9k

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 03:20:42 AM »
Actually I find embermage pretty powerful and hard to kill. Most attacks are ranged and frost phase is epic for avoiding most attacks.

Maybe a rework of death bounty and make it some kind of pure healing spell? Like outlander healing area or engineer healing bot.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:29:37 AM by Over9k »
What????!!!!   NINE THOUSAND???!!!!!

Squakes

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
i kinda agree with you up until t1 . DF is just too chaotic to dodge , damage is subpar from afar (excepting pb that suicides in reflects)
it s just too weak compared to other classes without the heal. and i mean strictly t1 not earlier

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »
I will absolutely add survivability back in, I just need it to actually work correctly, not going to abandon it at all.

potterman28wxcv

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »
Embermage actually has more survivability than say the Outlander or the poison/bone Necromancer.

What really kills him is the Reflect attribute from the Tier 1 monsters. This attribute alone completely invalidates some builds, and you have to find a workaround, using skills that do not get reflected (like Frost Wave), which narrows down the amount of viable builds.

Also, good to see you back Salan ! I really appreciate the change to the Respec !