Author Topic: New weapons, and retextures  (Read 7504 times)

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
Re: New weapons, and retextures
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »
haha... it's my pleasure ;D oh and you guys will be in a big surprise for when paladin arrive ;)

Catdog

• Retired Developer
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 01:41:27 PM »
mhm.. you might be the right person to ask.. i mean no that anyone replied to my request on runic.. so i tried myself..
i actually made it so far that i can import and export a mesh into blender. it's all googly and i understand only a quarter of this crap.

so i try to move the object up relative to ground. but either i do too much things and it screws the animation or i don't do the right thing. and the object does not change.. ie. fairy fly's same height like before.. :(

/edit/ and thanks for the other post, i got my icons working^^
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:05:36 PM by Catdog »
“He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
and it was often difficult to tell which was which.”
~So long, and thanks for all the fish!~

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
Glad that help haha... okay, for the blender thing I will need to know what version are you using and what tools is involved ;) and I assume you want to make the pet fairy to fly higher.

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 05:26:34 AM »
I've tested making a new fairy using the old fairy Model and Skeleton, manually assigning the model on the skeleton... and it went horribly wrong, the model was out of order in game... haha..

no working mesh and skeleton exporter and importer at the moment for monsters..  :(

Dauphin

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
it's 2013! where are teh weapons?  ;D

presenting 2013 TOOLS Pack :D

Great idea with the assault rifle.  I was thinking that the implementation could be similar to two single handed weapons, so that when use auto-attach it can fire in semi automatic and when you execute it could go into full auto for a short period of time. 

Thoughts?

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 12:17:54 AM »
Well currently there is one Rifle in Synergies, using the old AA12 model but the firing rate is singel-shot, making semi-auto will be difficult I think because you will need to alter layout files and graphics... full-auto however is achievable through Rapid Fire an Outlander skill... or the Gatling gun attack like the engineer Gatling Bot..

Catdog

• Retired Developer
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 02:17:48 AM »
I've tested making a new fairy using the old fairy Model and Skeleton, manually assigning the model on the skeleton... and it went horribly wrong, the model was out of order in game... haha..

no working mesh and skeleton exporter and importer at the moment for monsters..  :(

uh. i used Blender 2.65, the older versions seemed fugly. i get the mesh in and can edit it, but the whole process of keeping the skeleton attached to the mesh, ak.. moving both .. and exporting is beyond me.. i moved the mesh, and the skeleton, with the horrible look you most likely got too. the animations stretch the fairy to hell and back. i don't think it's supposed to even work with that many animations since blender only puts out one file, so the other skeletons are not properly modified.
well.. it was flying higher.. lol.

looking what doudley did by hand to the animation files, it should be possible, but thats like learning chinese. i wish i had done it, but now, i won't learn it in this life..

anyway. i abandon this until someone can figure it out or finds an export that works with multiple skeletons... the day spent to make a stretched broken fairy that hurt my eyes, was enough. :D
also it seems that the python runtimes and flash.ocx screwed my POT-player. it refuses to play any video now.
going to throw it off my hd and start fresh..

thanks for trying tho!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:20:22 AM by Catdog »
“He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence,
and it was often difficult to tell which was which.”
~So long, and thanks for all the fish!~

MFS88

• Edge Master
  • Art Developer
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 03:09:02 AM »
oO blender is on 2.65 already... they are fast haha, no problem.. its fun trying new things :P and maybe I'll be able to make a humanoid monsters ;)