Author Topic: how does WEAPONDPS % work  (Read 11296 times)

Salan

• Synergies Developer
  • Administrator
how does WEAPONDPS % work
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »
found here:  http://forums.synergiesmod.com/index.php?topic=820.msg6434#new

If that's the case, then Skull Barrage is affected by Focus, Strength *and* +Poison % Gear.

Simplified just a little bit, skills that do "X% Weapon DPS" do: (((A * B * C * D * E) + F) - G) * H damage where:
A is the "X% Weapon DPS" value from the skill
B is...
the sum base damage on your right-hand weapon, plus
flat +X <type> damage bonuses located on the right-hand weapon (vellique skulls, enchantments, etc.)
C is...
1 / the weapon's attack period, where
the weapon's attack period is already modified by increased attack speed bonuses
D is the sum 1 plus of all the following:
0.5% * Strength
0.5% Focus (applied **only** to the elemental components of your weapon's damage)
"+X% all damage" bonuses; "+X% <element> damage" bonuses (each applied **only** to the corresponding elemental component of your weapon's damage, if there is one); "+X% ranged/melee weapon/wand & staff damage" bonuses (whichever matches your weapon); "+X% damage while dual wielding" bonuses (if dual wielding); etc.
E is J * K where:
J is your total chance to crit from both Dexterity and other chance-to-crit bonuses
K is 1 plus your total critical damage bonus from both Strength and other critical damage bonuses
F is flat +X <type> damage bonuses located on armor
G is...
a random number between 50% of the monster's armor value and 100% of the monster's armor value, where
monster armor is already reduced by armor degradation effects
H is 1 plus the % value for helper skills like Hailstorm that inflict the "monsters take X% more <type> damage" status

That's damage per hit. DPS is going to also care about the spell's cycle time, which is going to be improved by faster cast speed bonuses, unless it's got a fixed cooldown.

Improving any of these variables is going to improve the damage you deal with skills that do "X% Weapon DPS."

--------------------

Skills that do "X% Weapon Damage" work exactly the same except that C always equals 1.

-------------------

Skills that do "X% Weapon DPS as <element>" work exactly the same except that you ignore the original damage types on your weapon and pretend that they are all <element> damage from the start.

From here: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=50634
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
--- I love making FUN encounters, the ones that make you scream with terror, and remember them forever! ---
**more awesome then an awesome possum**

KelinTor

• Kelintor The Developer
Re: how does WEAPONDPS % work
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »
Did you really expected me to read THAT? HAHAHA no I won't read it, at least I'll read it when I'll be doing skills... so bookmark  :). That plus surely make an .xls to do the math for me.

Epoch

• Mint Berry Crunch!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:57:29 PM »
Way too much math. I gave up after 'A'.

Rangnarok

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 06:51:34 PM »
+1 from me. I tried with a friend to work out the best gear combo for a while. We never figured out the formulae specifically, but this is a gist of what we understood. We were close :)

Flux

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 04:34:03 AM »
  If I wanted to practice math I'd think about 'god' alot.  amazing the calculations the mind can do if you access it. hell with religion, i simply believe in a flux. 2 meanings to that hehe.
 Was nice of you to post the details though. I appreciate it.

Ain Soph Aur

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 06:39:03 AM »
What confuses me is I have a 2h eng build based on max strength yet weapons with lower DPS and high ele damg are more powerful than a higher DPS weapon with a faster attack speed.  I've pretty much resorted to testing weapons to see which is better all things considered ie - charge bar fill speed, crit and how long it take to kill hero's and bosses.  If someone creates an xls. for this please post...I'm sure I'm not the only one that'd use it.

MawiX

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »
choosing the weapon with high dps% will make skills with damage equivalent to weapon dps do more damage but to some, it may lower your normal attacks. Like for example:

Weapon:

Rifle 1
Slow attack speed
1500 damage per second
Physical damage: 500-1350
Lightning damage: 500-975

*Has high damage output
**Normal attack damage is bigger compared to Rifle 2 but will have a small difference with Weapon DPS dependent skill damage

VS
Weapon:
Rifle 2
Average attack speed
2000 damage per second
Physical damage: 300-1200
Poison damage: 400-1000

*Has high DPS
**Skills that are Weapon DPS dependent should do more damage with this but will lower your normal attack damage compared to Rifle 1

Example of the Weapon DPS dependent skill:

emoli824

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 02:48:50 AM »
Skills that do "X% Weapon DPS as <element>" work exactly the same except that you ignore the original damage types on your weapon and pretend that they are all <element> damage from the start.

1) Does that means all of the damage from weapon would applied by focus? Example I have a weapon with 100 phys/poison/cold, a skill with 30%DPS as fire damage. So the damage output then should be multiplied by focus, that is 300 x %ele from focus, right?

2) An amor with + x flat cold damage, with a skill "30%DPS as fire" then would that flat damage be applied? and which part in your fomular?

2) A skill that does "30%DPS as fire damage, plus +50 to light/cold/fire for x seconds" then those flat damage should applied after all calculation or what (same as flat ele from amor or flat ele from weapon?)

Sorry for my bad English grammar  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:54:12 AM by emoli824 »